Printer problem

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Wed Feb 13 19:27:51 UTC 2008

Willis Taylor wrote:

> Since I wanted to give Kubuntu a fair test against Ubuntu and I have
> v.7.10 of both installed on my two main units and the printer wizard
> only shows the ip4000 and nowhere near the ip4300 should I give up,
> format the Kubuntu partition on my other machine and install Ubuntu on
> it?  The driver for the ip4300 was waiting on me to use it in Ubuntu
> 7.10.  It's beginning to look like Kubuntu is not ready for the general
> public, am I wrong?

Yes!  Printing _isn't_ a Kubuntu issue.  If you can print to an ip4300 from
Ubuntu, you can print from Kubuntu.  Find out what package installed the
ip4300 driver on your Ubuntu system, and install it on your Kubuntu system.
It's that simple.

> I'm finding it very easy to get answers on the
> Ubuntu list but there seems to be almost no activity here.

You're not reading very closely, then, as I have 31 posts here since this
morning.
--
derek