Corrupted file on MP4

Nigel Ridley nigel at rmk.co.il
Fri Feb 1 20:40:05 UTC 2008

Is there a [cmd line] method of removing a corrupted file on an MP4?
I tried copying a bunch of MP3's to my daughter's new MP4 and one of the
directories with a bunch of songs got corrupted (according to WinXP -
Feisty didn't give any info, just won't let me delete it). The MP4 can't
delete the directory either. I did manage to rename it (to 'corrupted')
and then successfully copied the said directory to the MP4.

Using the gui on Feisty, the MP4 and WinXP, there is no way to delete it
or overwrite it. Is there a way using the command line? Perhaps using 'dd'?

Blessings,

Nigel

--
OliveRoot Ministries