How to SAVE new instructions added to the Firefox user preferences file?

Matthew Flaschen matthew.flaschen at gatech.edu
Mon Dec 29 15:19:50 UTC 2008

Bas Roufs wrote:
> Dear Everybody
>
> At present, I am trying to save a few added instructions to this file:
> /home/bas/.mozilla/firefox/a1ooj68h.default/prefs.js

Why don't you read the big comment at the top of the file?

/* Do not edit this file.
 *
 * If you make changes to this file while the application is running,
 * the changes will be overwritten when the application exits.
 *
 * To make a manual change to preferences, you can visit the URL
about:config
 * For more information, see
http://www.mozilla.org/unix/customizing.html#prefs
 */