Kmail sending problem.

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 24 03:56:01 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 23 December 2008 2:06:40 pm andrew heggie wrote:
> Valter Mura wrote:
> > Try Google and leave AT&T and send an advice to all your friend.
>
> Just use Googlemail, forward mail to your current mail account, and don't
> worry about whether people see you've changed your mail account, you'll
> still get mails addressed to both accounts.
>
> AJH
Actually this has gone off topic a bit; I don't know how that happened.

I have a Gmail account.  What I want is a cheaper ISP.  They recently upped
the price by $10 a month; they were willing to return to the old price,
however only supply 1/2 the service.  Formerly I was able to transfer data at
160kbs, now it is only 80kbs, and I pay the same price as last month.

All the companies that I have found that offer as cheap or a cheaper price
have other services bundled, like telephone and movies.  I just can't afford
spending more money.  I live on a very low fixed retirement income.  The
result of AT&T's price increase is 1/2 the service for the same price.  In my
thinking that is a 100% increase in price.  Pretty unfair for my situation.
Same with food.  My monthly budget is about $160, and food prices have risen
30% in the last few months, so I have had to change my diet to foods that are
not as healthy.  Fortunately everyone else usually does not have to take this
loss; they simply raise their prices for their services or products and pass
it on to people like me.  But I don't get the raises, and I cannot work
anymore.

Steven