re modem usb stick prepaid broadband

lanzen lanzenesi at gmail.com
Sun Dec 21 09:31:46 UTC 2008

On Sunday 21 December 2008 07:27:09 Ray Burke wrote:

> I have been told by all 4 who supply the stick (telstra,DoDo,optus and
> 3)for the prepaid broadband that is not compatable for linux, so what your
> response to that, by just changing the PPPd(how?) will solve this problem,
> as dont want to comit not knowing if I cant connect??????

What is the name of the stick you're planning to use?

In intrepid I successfully use a huawei E169. It is recognized and easily set
up in kneworkmanager (or networkmanager applet in gnome) as new connection ->
Broad Band.

You may also use utmsmon in Hardy. Also wvdial, of course, works.

3 works here (Italy). I'm using a different provider, but people say it works
fine.

--
lanzen