re modem usb stick prepaid broadband

Ray Burke rayburke30 at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 21 06:27:09 UTC 2008

I have been told by all 4 who supply the stick (telstra,DoDo,optus and 3)for the prepaid broadband that is not compatable for linux, so what your response
to that, by just changing the PPPd(how?) will solve this problem, as dont want to comit
not knowing if I cant connect??????

ray> Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 18:36:50 -0500> From: art.alexion at gmail.com> To: kubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com> Subject: Re: re modem usb stick prepaid broadband> > On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 2:17 PM, Ray Burke <rayburke30 at hotmail.com> wrote:> > Does anyone out there know of the use of a modem usb stick for prepaid for> > broadband. Can it be used for Kubuntu and if can be configured to run both> > xp pro and Kubuntu as have dual boot system> >> > Yes. Use pppd to establish the connection. I don't know the KDE gui,> but I'm sure there is one.> > You don't need to do anything for it to work under XP as well. Just> use ppp dial up networking.> > > > -- > > --> artAlexion> sent unsigned from webmail interface> > -- > kubuntu-users mailing list> kubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com> Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users