Kmenu and KDE4

Billie Walsh bilwalsh at swbell.net
Sat Dec 20 21:00:26 UTC 2008

Clay Weber wrote:
> On Sat December 20 2008 9:34:27 am Billie Walsh wrote:
>
>> It's very obvious that the devs don't pay attention to any user lists.
>> They should. If they had they wouldn't have been so quick to choose
>> SUSE's Kickoff. There was a major flap when SUSE released it on the SUSE
>> users lists. The majority of SUSE users don't use it and hate it.
>>

> yes, from what I hear from discussions with various devs, they do not usually
> follow <foo>-user lists, as they are generally supposed to be for user-to-user
> support..

I don't know. I would think that if I was poring heart and soul into
something for others to use I would like to have some sort of indication
of their feelings about what I'm doing. If I'm not going in the
direction that is most beneficial then I would like to think I would
take it that direction. It's kind of a customer service type of thing.
If your a retail business and you stop listening to the customers needs
and start dictating to the customer, well, there's another store just
down the street. I've already seen many, at least threatening to, jump
off the KDE ship over this new KDE. There's another interface available.

--
Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans.