Email goes to Outbox

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Sun Dec 14 06:03:14 UTC 2008

Steven Vollom wrote:
> I see what you mean.  It does show my account as Sbcglobal.net. on smtp
> settings.
>
> It says my account on pop is Studio25.  Could these differences be the
> reason my sending is delayed?

No, that are just names for the user to distinguish various accounts. I
use different names for pop and smtp as well and I never see a problem
unless the internet connection or the server is not available. If you
think it might be a problem you can rename the account if you want to.
However it will not improve the situation. Like I wrote before, it is
probably a too short timeout somewhere but I don't know where.

> If you and other kmail users have to do this every time you send an
> email, you are much more patient than me, and I though I was very
> patient.

Actually I don't see the error very often, maybe twice a month.

Nils