openoffice.org

Brian Norman Wootton Brian.Meg at btinternet.com
Sat Dec 13 09:07:17 UTC 2008

It do have 64 bit! I installed from PPA on my Kubuntu Intrepid amd64.

$ file /usr/lib/openoffice/program/soffice.bin
/usr/lib/openoffice/program/soffice.bin: ELF 64-bit LSB executable,
x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), for GNU/Linux 2.6.8, dynamically linked
(uses shared libs), stripped

Are there a bug somewhere or is it a user error because you are the
second to say there is no 64 bit?

/ Jonas
-------

I've got kubuntu 8.10 on a 64bit amd, I installed openoffice.org using
adept and I've had no trouble with it so far, reads all my MS word files.
runs all incoming MS .pps files beautifully. Must admit, though, that I use Kate mostly, far simpler for my moth eaten memory.
brian