Kaffeine removed with todays update

Jonas Norlander jonorland at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 20:34:47 UTC 2008

2008/12/12 Nigel Henry <cave.dnb2m97pp at aliceadsl.fr>:
> On Friday 12 December 2008 13:58, Jonas Norlander wrote:
>> It looks like todays update to kaffeine in Intrepid did remove the
>> binary /usr/bin/kaffeine.
>> Can some other confirm it?
>>
>> / Jonas
>
> Hi Jonas.
>
> That's a bit odd. I did have xine installed, but not Kaffeine. I havn't
> updated Intrepid since 20081113, so Installed Kaffeine with an apt-get
> install kaffeine. then did an apt-get update, followed by apt-get
> dist-upgrade. Said NO to the upgrade, as there are 212MB of packages waiting
> to be updated (will do that overnight on dialup). There's no mention of the
> Kaffeine I've just installed being removed though, due to the waiting
> updates.

This is fixed in kaffeine - 0.8.7-1ubuntu2 but its not in backports yet.

>From https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kaffeine/+bug/307175

This bug was fixed in the package kaffeine - 0.8.7-1ubuntu2

kaffeine (0.8.7-1ubuntu2) jaunty; urgency=low

  * Fix files not installed (LP: #307175):
    - re-add DEB_DESTDIR line (Debian doesn't use a kaffeine.install file)
    - change dir from tmp to kaffeine in kaffeine-gstreamer.install

 -- Cesare Tirabassi <norsetto at ubuntu.com> Thu, 11 Dec 2008 18:39:42 +0100

/ Jonas