Kaffeine removed with todays update

Nigel Henry cave.dnb2m97pp at aliceadsl.fr
Fri Dec 12 19:40:23 UTC 2008

On Friday 12 December 2008 13:58, Jonas Norlander wrote:
> It looks like todays update to kaffeine in Intrepid did remove the
> binary /usr/bin/kaffeine.
> Can some other confirm it?
>
> / Jonas

Hi Jonas.

That's a bit odd. I did have xine installed, but not Kaffeine. I havn't
updated Intrepid since 20081113, so Installed Kaffeine with an apt-get
install kaffeine. then did an apt-get update, followed by apt-get
dist-upgrade. Said NO to the upgrade, as there are 212MB of packages waiting
to be updated (will do that overnight on dialup). There's no mention of the
Kaffeine I've just installed being removed though, due to the waiting
updates.

154 upgraded, 4 newly installed (kernel, kernel headers, etc), 0 to remove, 0
not upgraded.

At the moment /usr/bin/kaffeine exists

There is a whole bunch of KDE packages that are waiting to be updated, and I
have seen an update to kde-libs resulting in a package being removed for some
reason or other.

I'll post back tomorrow sometime, after the apt-get dist-upgrade has run to
completion, and check if /usr/bin/kaffeine still exists. I save all the
history from updates, so if anyone wants to view it, I'll post it to the
list.

If this is a problem with kdelibs, and kaffeine, hopefully it will be resolved
soon.

Nigel.