When I type in a correction, the letters I type in, eat the following letters.

Robert Parker rlp1938 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 21:09:38 UTC 2008

Steven,

I don't know what application you are running when this happens but
I'd bet that it has a small bar at the bottom which shows the text
'OVR'. You must have struck the Insert key. If you strike it again the
'OVR' will become 'INS'. You can toggle between overlay mode and
insert mode by striking the Insert key successively. On my keyboard
that key is in the cluster of keys between the QWERTY section and the
number pad.

Bob
--
In a world without walls who needs Windows (or Gates)? Try Linux instead!