using -graft-points with genisoimage

Robert Parker rlp1938 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 19:27:58 UTC 2008

Hi All,

I want to backup some of my stuff to DVD. The backups will be fairly
small so I want to be able to hang each successive backup under the
date of execution.
Eg

20081201/etc/.....
                /home/....

20081203/etc/...

and so on.

I am trying to graft each backup onto a dir named as above using
-graft-points like this
sudo genisoimage -R -J -graft-points 20080306 -o backup.iso /etc /home
I: -input-charset not specified, using utf-8 (detected in locale settings)
genisoimage: No such file or directory. Invalid node - '20080306'.

I cannot seem to get the syntax right. Help please.

Bob
--
In a world without walls who needs Windows (or Gates)? Try Linux instead!