ooo dialogs without fonts

Donn donn.ingle at
Fri Dec 5 07:08:46 GMT 2008

I have had this issue ever since Gutsy: ooo-anything works fine, java is
installed, but some dialogs show up without any writing on them. I see
controls and icons and such, but no fonts.

For example, if I click the chart button I get the attached screen.

I have tried running oocalc, soffice and so on from the konsole. I have
fiddled with the options turning stuff on and off and changing fonts but
nothing seems to work. There is no output on the konsole I can use to
diagnose it.

Anyone have a clue?