Konqueror gets stuck when transferring files

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 4 19:21:14 UTC 2008

Ignazio Palmisano wrote:
> Dotan Cohen wrote:
>
>> Often when I copy / move files between computers I find that Konqueror
>> get 'stuck' and the copy / move fails in the middle. The file transfer
>> dialog litteraly says "stuck" and no more files move. I have found
>> this to be the case no matter which machines I am using, or which
>> Kubuntu versions, for a few years. I do not know if this is a Kubuntu
>> or more general Ubuntu issue as I've only used Kubuntu.
>>
>> When the issue crops up, how can I determine the cause? Today I am
>> trying to move 30+ GB from a Kubuntu 8.04 (KDE 3.5.10) laptop to a
>> Kubuntu 8.10 (KDE 4.1) desktop. Each time I try the move gets stuck on
>> a different file, sometimes earlier and sometime later. The issue is
>> reproducable, and is not confined to the machines or Kubuntu versions
>> currently in use.
>>

> I've seen this often using the fish protocol. When I switched to sftp
> the issue disappeared (so far).
> HTH,
> I.

I realize I am a weak link for helps, however, in the past I had a
similar sounding problem internally between partitions.  When I was
unable to resolve the matter, I sent the data in smaller chunks and
succeeded.  I am thinking like 5 to 10gb chunks.  If it works, at least
you get the data transferred, even though you may still have the
problem, and you can still work the problem.

Steven