No More downloads for Comcast Customers

Howard Coles Jr. dhcolesj at gmail.com
Sat Aug 30 16:47:10 UTC 2008

On Saturday 30 August 2008 10:26:10 am Brian wrote:
> On Sat, August 30, 2008 11:17 am, Willy K. Hamra wrote:
> > Howard Coles Jr. wrote:
> >> I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this on this list, however, comcast
> >> has
> >> decided to limit you to 2GB per month.
> >
> > that's not what slashdot mentioned, they said it is 250GB a month!
> >
> > --
> > Willy K. Hamra
> > Manager of Hamra Information Systems
> > Co. Manager of Zeina Computer & Billy Net
>
>   I'll have to second that, dsl reports list the cap at
> 250gb also.
>
> http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/Comcast-250GB-Cap-Goes-Live-October-1-97
>294
>
> Brian

I asked an online rep if the limit was 2GB, and she said that all customers
were subject to that restriction..

I heard about the 250GB thing as well, but it takes a lot of downloading to
get that far.  When I asked about 2 GB, and she said yes, I couldn't believe
it.

Either the rep who responded to my question was not informed, answered
incorrectly, OR they have choked us down to 2 GB.

When I read that, I filed the complaint.  There's no way I could do what I do
in a month and stay under that limit.  The real kicker is that the
conversation log didn't save as it said, so what I have is all garbeled.
UGGH.

--
See Ya'
Howard Coles Jr.