No More downloads for Comcast Customers

Jeff kubuntu.user at bulkmail.letterboxes.org
Sat Aug 30 15:40:12 UTC 2008

 On 30 Aug 2008 at 18:17, Willy K. Hamra wrote about:
 Re: No More downloads for Comcast Customers

> Howard Coles Jr. wrote:
> > I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this on this list, however, comcast has
> > decided to limit you to 2GB per month.
>
> that's not what slashdot mentioned, they said it is 250GB a month!

The press this side of the Pond is talking about a 250GB limit, and
we are all wondering what sort of luxury that represents!

Welcome to the Internet UK style - 15GB per month for about (GBP)£15
per month is what I get charged. Step over the limit and the charges
go up astronomically, which they can do because they insist on direct
billing to a credit or debit card.

I could really do something useful with 250GB per month, eg offer a
Tor server, run my own web and email server, instead of having to
rely on others to do it for me. That really would be luxury, but
actually it is a day-dream. Usage allowances will never get that high
in my lifetime!