automatic update notifer

Willy Hamra w.hamra1987 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 20:27:35 BST 2008

2008/8/25 Peter Klaassen <peterklaassen at quicknet.nl>:
> Since moved to 386 Heron when starting only the green ball is shown.
> As if there are no updates, when there are.
> In Feisty all worked well.
> Known problem?
> How to solve?
>
> --
> Peter
> Registered Linux user # 458207

go to adept, k-menu--->system---> adept , and see the "manage sources"
dialogue, make sure there is checked repos in there, check the ones
you need, and click fetch updates.
it is either that there weren't any repos checked, or you haven't
given your system enough time to fetch the updates in the background.
or, but i highly doubt, the sources are still pointing to the feisty
repos, in which case we will need another procedure.

--
Willy K. Hamra
Manager of Hamra Information Systems