Konqueror missing one trick

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Mon Aug 25 20:14:47 UTC 2008

Art Alexion wrote:

> On Thursday 21 August 2008 21:10:20 Derek Broughton wrote:

>> Sure - but this stuff isn't going to go away in Konqueror.  I have no
>> plans to ever run dolphin, but Dolphin's file kio slaves will be
>> available to konqueror, and konqueror will still have access to all the
>> slaves it has now.
>
> Is that the latest word?  Last time I paid attention to this issue, the
> people claiming to be involved in the changes kept repeating "Konqueror is
> the web browser; dolphin is the file manager."

I don't _know_ the latest word, but how are they ever going to eliminate kio
slaves?  They're right.  Konqueror is the web browser.  It shouldn't do
file management.  It doesn't now.  It merely provides a window and a menu
bar in which a kio slave can provide an interface, be it http:, sftp: or
file:.
--
derek