Konqueror missing one trick

Eduardo RE edulix at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 20:55:53 UTC 2008

Hello everybody:

El Lunes 25 Agosto 2008, Derek Broughton escribió:
> I don't _know_ the latest word, but how are they ever going to eliminate
> kio slaves?  They're right.  Konqueror is the web browser.  It shouldn't do
> file management.  It doesn't now.  It merely provides a window and a menu
> bar in which a kio slave can provide an interface, be it http:, sftp: or
> file:.

To settle down this discussion a bit. I'm a konqi developer but from time to
time I read this list. Konqueror does many things, and its most accurate short
description can be found easily in the menu About > About Konqueror: "Web
browser, file manager and document viewer.".

Konqueror does and I think it will probably always do file management.
Currently I'm busy with other things but I'd like it to be more integrated
with dolphin kpart to be better at filemangement and there've been people
requesting that to me already =).

Cheers,
       Eduardo Robles Elvira.
depends on the unreasonable man." (George Bernard Shaw)