Konqueror missing one trick

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 15:00:06 BST 2008

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 3:34 PM, O. Sinclair <o.sinclair at gmail.com> wrote:
> The long list of stuff you can do via Konqi was fun reading, I learnt a
> few tricks along the way.
>
> For me however there is one or two things that makes me stick to Firefox
> for most of my web browsing and the main thing is the ability for
> add-ons or plugins.
>
> Was/is Konqueror not supposed to be able to support plugins as well? Is
> it just that noone use/write them or what? I would love my favorites
> Flashblock and Adblock Plus in Konquerer, possibly also a different way
> to deal with Bookmarks and bye-bye FF3..
>
> Anyone knows?
>
> Regards,
> Sinclair
Found this is the adept-manager
searched: konqueror

nsplugins
Netscape plugin support for Konqueror
This package includes support for Netscape plugins in Konqueror.
This package is part of KDE, and a component of the KDE base module.
See the 'kde' and 'kdebase' packages for more information.

Don't know what it does but it might help.
The big draw back for me is doing Gmail with it, it defaults to the
basic functions and will not do the advanced stuff so back to FF.

--
Douglas E Knapp