new dvd drive won't play dvds, but old one can

Sylviane et Perry White spwhite at freesurf.ch
Thu Aug 21 15:37:13 UTC 2008

On Sunday 17 August 2008 22:00, Juan Kawada wrote:
> ok sorry for the triple post here but I just learned something new. I just
> put in a dvd in both drives, new and old. When I tried to play the dvd in
> the new drive, it played the dvd in the old one instead.

and later (the 19th)
> Ok. I changed thee setting in kaffeine to point to the new dvd drive instead
> of the old. now dvds play in the new one, but not the old.

I've followed this thread for more than a week and no configuration (software)
solution turned up.
Perhaps you should (double?)check the cabling and hardwired settings.
What happens when you swap cables to those drives, could it be that the
computer gets mixed up because of a misplaced master/slave jumper ?

Perry

--
BOFH excuse #329: Server depressed, needs Prozac