VLC media player

Richard Ibbotson richard.ibbotson at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 11:01:47 UTC 2008

On Monday 18 August 2008 11:53:42 Michael wrote:
> I just looked for a VLC plugin for Firefox in Synaptic but none
> showed up.  Did I just overlook it?  Does Kubuntu 8.04 have a VLC
> plugin for Firefox?

mozilla-plugin-vlc.  Works for me.  Other than that the Mplayer
plugun.

'apt-cache search vlc' shows...

dvd95 - DVD9 to DVD5 converter
getstream - DVB streaming application
hdhomerun-config - Configuration utility for Silicon Dust HD HomeRun
libvcdinfo-dev - library to extract information from VideoCD
(development files)
libvcdinfo0 - library to extract information from VideoCD
mythbuntu-lirc-generator - Mythbuntu Lirc Configuration Generator
pidgin-mpris - sets your available message to your currently playing
track
videolan-doc - documentation for the VideoLAN streaming solution
vls - lightweight MPEG and DVD video streaming server
freeplayer - wrapper around vlc for French ADSL FreeBox
x264 - video encoder for the H.264/MPEG-4 AVC standard
libvlc0 - multimedia player and streamer library
libvlc0-dev - development files for VLC
mozilla-plugin-vlc - multimedia plugin for web browsers based on VLC
vlc - multimedia player and streamer
vlc-nox - multimedia player and streamer (without X support)
vlc-plugin-alsa - dummy transitional package
vlc-plugin-arts - aRts audio output plugin for VLC
vlc-plugin-esd - Esound audio output plugin for VLC
vlc-plugin-ggi - GGI video output plugin for VLC
vlc-plugin-pulse - Pulseaudio audio output plugin for VLC
vlc-plugin-sdl - SDL video and audio output plugin for VLC
wxvlc - dummy transitional package

--
Richard