Konqueror the ultimate Linux tool or cool things you can do with it

claydoh claydoh at midmaine.com
Sat Aug 16 21:22:12 BST 2008

On Saturday 16 August 2008 3:23:46 pm Derek Broughton wrote:

> That makes no sense at all.  I thought Linux was all about using the right
> tool for the job.  It's just bloat to put that right into Konqueror.
> --
> derek

For me, I am. I use Klipper to save a number of clipboard items when I am
doing a lot of copy/paste actions. I don't use any special actions, and I
disable that part if it is enabled.

In Konqueror, I can open an unlinked url text with a right-click in the same
way I can do a quick web search on highlighted text in either Firefox or
Konqi. Hardly bloated to me. Quite useful rather.

I wonder if the 'duplicated' feature is there as Konqueror is becoming a
cross-platform web browser?

--
Clay Weber