Where are the scripts that launch apps on startup?

Willy K. Hamra w.hamra1987 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 16 15:21:35 UTC 2008

Alan Dacey (grokit) wrote:
> I've just switched email from Kmail to Thunderbird.  Kontact still
> launches when I boot and I want to replace it with Thunderbird.  I have
> looked on the forums, in rutebook, and google but I cannot find anything
> on where these scripts live.  I have a feeling I am using the wrong
> search words.  I have nothing about them in ~/.kde/Autostart  Anyway,
> can somebody point me in right direction?  Using Hardy & KDE 3.5

could it be a session problem? check system
settings-->advanced-->session manager, and make sure it's either
starting with a blank session or some session you are sure
doesn'tcontain kmail, you could as well save your current session (that
doesn't include kmail) if you are using the mnually saved session option.

--
Willy K. Hamra
Manager of Hamra Information Systems