Network management and monitoring application ?

Bruno Costacurta pubmb.bco at pt.lu
Thu Aug 14 12:20:31 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 13 August 2008 23:24:47 Andrew Jarrett wrote:
> On Wednesday 13 August 2008 16:55:28 Bruno Costacurta wrote:
> > I tried knetworkmanager but it seems it cannot manage wireless
> > connections.
>
> Yes it can.  I use knetworkmanager to manage both my wired and wireless
> connections, but I don't use WPA security.  However, your problems may run
> deeper than just getting WPA to work (have you gotten your wireless card to
> connect to your router at all?).  I'm sure that knetworkmanager can handle
> WPA - maybe someone else on the list has it working and can help you.
>
> Andrew

About knetworkmanager and wicd,
I tried knetworkmanager but strangely it doesn t find any wireless network,.
However wicd found my wifi and few others in the neighborhood.

I tested this again few times by switch between knetworkmanager and wicd and
found same results : knetworkmanager (wireless and networkmanager
were off course activated) sees nothing were wicd sees few wireless network.

Looks strange, no ? Or I missed something ?
Is there some identified problem with knetworkmanager (my version is 0.2.2) ?
Did other person noticed same results ?

Bruno