Help!!! My desktop contains icons for deleted files. How do I fix this?

Nils Kassube kassube at
Tue Aug 12 10:09:37 BST 2008

Donn wrote:
> On Tuesday, 12 August 2008 06:49:37 Peter Williams wrote:
> > When I use Konquerer to explore the /home/user/Desktop folder I only
> > see
> Try going to the View menu -> show hidden files. Perhaps they'll show
> up. Hidden files are anything starting with a dot '.'

Other than that, maybe it has something to do with the contents of the
trash folder which is located in "/home/$USER/.local/share/Trash/". But I
have no idea why the icons then might still be on the desktop.