virtualbox installation

Joan Tur joantur at cancullet.org
Sat Aug 9 16:30:00 UTC 2008

Es Dissabte, 9 de Agost de 2008, en Willy K. Hamra va escriure:
| the #vbox channel seems to be almost dead. here's my question, i'm new
| to vbox, i installed virtualbox-ose, now i need the kernel module. so i
| need virtualbox-ose-modules* , what is the difference between those
| ending in 386, generic, openvz, rd etc... ?
| i'm running a 32 bit host BTW

You have to install the virtualbox-ose-modules package matching your running
kernel; run "uname -r", then "aptitude install
virtualbox-ose-guest-modules-2.6.24-20-generic" (or the one matching the info
provided by the above "uname -r" command.

| and what are virtualbox-ose-guest-modules* used for?
| thanks in advance

Are you going to run a windows guest?  If so, you're not going to need those
packages installed.

Hope that helps  ;)

--
Joan Tur (aka Quini), Eivissa-Spain