Fwd: Re: Kubuntu KDE4.1 - Dolphin won't start

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 07:58:40 UTC 2008

Karl Vanwynsberghe wrote:
> Here is the result...
>
> karl at laptop:~$ ps aux | grep "d*lph*"
> root         7  0.0  0.0      0     0 ?        S<   08:59   0:00 [khelper]
> avahi     4946  0.0  0.0   2760   468 ?        Ss   08:59   0:00 avahi-daemon:
> chroot helper
> karl      8447  0.0  0.1   3004   756 pts/1    R+   09:39   0:00 grep d*lph*
>
> So Dolphin isn't running currently.
>
> Other idea's?
>
> Karl,

Try starting it using either ALT+F2 and then type "dolphin" in the
"command window" or you can use Katapult - hold down ALT and then SPACE,
type "do" and hit enter IF Dolphin shows up, if not continue typing
UNTIL it shows up. If it does not something is wacko. I would then
remove and reinstall. Or use Konqueror....

Sinclair