Hardy Heron

D. Michael McIntyre michael.mcintyre at rosegardenmusic.com
Sun Apr 20 04:32:31 UTC 2008

On Saturday 19 April 2008, Ron Wilson wrote:

> What are others going to do.

I upgraded this box from Dapper to Gutsy, and while it was far from
impossible, it was also far from smooth.

I may try to upgrade this box, just for the merry masochistic hell of it, but
it depends on how bored I am.  If I'm not bored, and don't feel like screwing
around for a few hours to deal with annoying quirks, I'll probably just do a
wholesale distro swap eventually.

I already did the distro swap on my wife's and the kids' computers.  It went
very smoothly, since they have bog standard installations, and separate /home
partitions.  I don't think any of them noticed a difference once I put them
all back on KDE3.  Nobody was terribly awestruck by KDE4.
--
D. Michael McIntyre