Kernel -14 and -15 won't boot

Blue Rose bluerosemagic at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 20:19:35 UTC 2008

No, the restricted driver applet (which I of course clicked to see what
it was)
tell me that my system wouldn't need a restricted driver... and
remembering the hassle I had in 7.10 trying to get my card to work
properly with direct rendering and all... I just left it at the standard
out-of-the-box driver that 8.04 provided.. "ati" I think.
Works good enough so far, haven't tried games yet.. but I'm not much of
a gamer anyways..

My Kubuntu is basically still the fresh install plus updates. No fancy
drivers or whatever. I only ubuntuzilla-ed thunderbird and forefox onto
it, and got a fancontrol script starting automatically (see posts in
this list from last week)..

Cheers
Linda