Kubuntu vs. Ubuntu

Farid Ansari ansari.farid at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 09:13:46 UTC 2007

Hi Billie,
You switch back to Ubuntu or wait for the newer release thats expected in
October 2007. The command line is not used very much in either Kubuntu or
Ubuntu. These systems are much better then Windows and also they are not as
vulnurable to viruses and worms as are windows.
I have Win XP Home, Win XP Pro and Windows Vista Ultimate on 2 computers
with dual boot system GRIB which is Linux based. Except for the Audio /
Video chat which I have not been able to configure on Linux systems, all
other things are equally user friendly like Windows.
In Kubuntu its not possible to change the hardware address of the network
card whereas it can be done in SuSE 10.2 or maybe I do not know how to.
Stick to Linux and enjoy the freedom of opensource.
Regards,

Farid