Kubuntu vs. Ubuntu

Billie Walsh bilwalsh at swbell.net
Mon Sep 17 13:46:26 UTC 2007

On 09/17/2007 Farid Ansari wrote:
> Hi Billie,
> You switch back to Ubuntu or wait for the newer release thats
> expected in October 2007. The command line is not used very much in
> either Kubuntu or Ubuntu. These systems are much better then Windows
> and also they are not as vulnurable to viruses and worms as are
> windows.
> I have Win XP Home, Win XP Pro and Windows Vista Ultimate on 2
> computers with dual boot system GRIB which is Linux based. Except for
> the Audio / Video chat which I have not been able to configure on
> Linux systems, all other things are equally user friendly like
> Windows.
> In Kubuntu its not possible to change the hardware address of the
> network card whereas it can be done in SuSE 10.2 or maybe I do not
> know how to.
> Stick to Linux and enjoy the freedom of opensource.
> Regards,
>
> Farid
>
> On 9/17/07, O. Sinclair <o.sinclair at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Billie Walsh wrote:
>> msmarti58 wrote:
>> I am completely new to Linux,
<snip>

I think things are getting a bit confusing. I'm not the one thinking of
giving up on Kubuntu. I'm quite happy with it. There are a few things I
wish I could get to work a bit better but I'm working on it. I'm still
pretty much a newby myself. I've only been using Linux for a couple
years. Still a lot to learn.

--
(o:]>*HUGGLES*<[:o)
Billie Walsh