Kubuntu vs. Ubuntu

msmarti58 msmarti_a58 at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 15 19:53:01 UTC 2007

I am completely new to Linux, and following PC Magazine's tips, installed
Ubuntu with no problems. However, I was curious about Kubuntu, so I deleted
Ubuntu and installed Kubuntu. Well once I did that I could not mount my
other ntfs drives. With Ubuntu, they showed up automatically on my desktop.
I just wondered what the difference is. I won't be using Kubuntu, it's too
complicated for me. I am strictly a Windows user, for the most part. I don't
know how to do things in the command window or any of that.

Thanks!