Edgy/Feisty setup re installs

D. Michael McIntyre michael.mcintyre at rosegardenmusic.com
Sat Sep 1 20:22:44 UTC 2007

On Saturday 01 September 2007, Neil Winchurst wrote:
> OK. Tried that. Had some error messages again .....
>
> X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 166
>   Major opcode:  144

This is Ubuntu stupidity.  The default xorg.conf file has lines for a Wacom
tablet, and if you don't have a Wacom tablet, you get these errors every time
you run any X application.  Your ~/.xsession-errors can swell to monumental
proportions if you don't keep an eye on it.

The solution is to edit that crap out of xorg.conf, but I won't get into that,
as it has been discussed to death already, and instructions should be readily
googleable.
--
D. Michael McIntyre