Installing Kubuntu 7.10

Michael Bach (gmx) bach.michael at gmx.net
Tue Oct 23 13:01:32 UTC 2007

Ana Lopez wrote:
> Hello Mike,
>
> Thank you for your help. When I switch on the computer, asks me for a boot
> system again, nothing has been installed.
>
> The mark of my computer is Beep Iridium F12 T7250 (I think that it is only
> known in Spain).
> The processor is Intel Core 2 Duo T7250, 2 x 2.00 GHz.
> The graphic Controller (I was warned of possible compatibility problems)
> Intel GMA x3100

Hello Ana,
this sounds like a fairly new computer. I had a quick look on google and
it seems there is support for the graphics card.
Is it perhaps possible that the installation cd is corrupted?
I think, when starting from the live cd and even before booting, a menu
gives you various options, one of them which lets you check the
integrity of the cd.
> I'm going to try with the alternative installation CD.
Good luck !
Mike