Installing Kubuntu 7.10

Ana Lopez lopeztor at unizar.es
Tue Oct 23 11:27:52 UTC 2007

Hello Mike,

Thank you for your help. When I switch on the computer, asks me for a boot
system again, nothing has been installed.

The mark of my computer is Beep Iridium F12 T7250 (I think that it is only
known in Spain).
The processor is Intel Core 2 Duo T7250, 2 x 2.00 GHz.
The graphic Controller (I was warned of possible compatibility problems)
Intel GMA x3100

I'm going to try with the alternative installation CD.

ANA

At 13:13 23/10/2007 +0200, you wrote:
>Ana Lopez wrote:
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > I´m new in this list and also in working with Kubuntu (and even Linux). I
> > have got a laptop with no operative system installed, and I wanted to
> > install Kubuntu 7.10. I have created a boot CD and I can work in live
> mode,
> > but, when I begin to install the system, suddenly the computer asks me to
> > take out the CD and afterwards the laptop just turns off.
> > I tried with version 7.10 because the graphic interface is supposed not to
> > be compatible with version 7.04 (and I have checked  it).
> > I would like to know if it is possible working in live mode and at the
> same
> > time not being able to installing the system or if the problem is not
> > related to Kubuntu  (something is wrong inside the computer)
> >

>Hello,
>installing (k)ubuntu from the alternative installation cd might be an
>option. Especially on computers of some certain age, the installtion is
>much smoother than from a live system. From an alternative install, the
>final system will be exactly as if it was installed from a live cd. The
>quality of hardware detection should be the same as well. However, the
>actual installer runs in text mode and hence requires less resources.
>The installation steps (language, partition, computername, username...)
>are the same.
>
>Usually, an installation session finishes with ejecting the cd and
>rebooting the computer. What happens when you switch on your computer
>again? Does it boot without the CD?
>
>Can you provide some details of your laptop (model, make)?
>
>Mike
>
>--

Ana Mª López Torres
Dpto. de Ingeniería Electrónica y Comunicaciones
Escuela Universitaria Politécnica de Teruel
Ciudad Escolar s/n Teruel 44003
Tel.: 978 618175
Fax: 978 618104
lopeztor at unizar.es