Can't Install 7.10 (Gutsy)

Jessie Adan Morris jessie at confettiantiques.com
Sun Oct 21 20:49:09 UTC 2007

Alright, so I am a fairly proficient Linux user, but I get this working.
I have tried these CD's:
Kubuntu Live CD 7.10
Kubuntu Alternative CD 7.10
Ubuntu Live CD 7.10
and they all seem to freeze during boot. I have 7.04 installed, and I
tried to upgrade, but it still froze on boot after a restart. I think
that there is a bug in the kernel. It actually freezes in two places. I
removed quiet and splash from the options and it said something about
DMA so I added "dma=off' to the boot options. Then it seems to get stuck
at an NTFS one. It says something like "Checking /dev/hda1" and it never
says anything more. (One time, I was able to boot, but thats it). Also,
I upgraded from the Alternative CD because Adapt doesn't want to do a
distro upgrade or what not.

--
Jessie Adan Morris
jessie at confettiantiques.com