Impressions of Gutsy (Was: First impressions of dolphin)

Steve Lamb grey at dmiyu.org
Tue Oct 9 15:53:03 UTC 2007

Derek Broughton wrote:
> So it's no longer polling, but most of that memory is probably still be=
ing
> used by hald.

    Nope, the process is no longer running.  Also just did a flat out kil=
l on
the cpufreq process as well, no ill effects.  However unable to find wher=
e to
properly get rid of that and the lack of documentation in /usr/share/doc/=

prompted me to drop KUbuntu on the laptop and reinstall Debian.  All of t=
his
is pretty neat on my gaming desktop but I was spending far too much time
trying to rip all this junk out for the old machine to be valuable.