my computer hangs from time to time and...

Peter Lewis prlewis at letterboxes.org
Sun Oct 7 20:53:33 UTC 2007

On Sunday 07 October 2007 21:48:14 Nils Kassube wrote:
> Peter Lewis wrote:
> > There's an
> > open bug that affects my laptop, whereby every now and again the
> > machine freezes completely for about 2 mins and then just starts going
> > again...
>
> Are you perhaps using skype when that happens?

No... I can't find the link right now, but it's a bug in the hard drive
controller driver module that was discussed on the LKML. Now I'm just waiting
for the updated code to be integrated into ubuntu (it's more of a harmless
annoyance than anything to warrant moving away from the ubuntu kernels).

Pete.