Wine and the Internet

Macario Valle macariov at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 00:22:16 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-10-03 at 18:58 -0400, Harold Hartley wrote:
> Billie Walsh wrote:
> > Probably should ask this on some other list but will start here.
> >
> > I'm trying out a rather esoteric piece of Windows software called
> > WXSpots. It seems to run just fine with Wine except for one small
> > detail. It needs internet access, which it doesn't seem to be able to get.
> >
> > Should programs running with Wine be able to access the internet through
> > the default Kubuntu [ Feisty ] settings?
> >
> > I've written to ask the author if there is any special connection needs
> > that I need to know.
> >
> Any time I have run a app in wine, it connects the internet just fine
> for me because the the linux box was already connected to the internet.
>
> Harold

I've notice that if my internet connection is down while I start the
windows program, some will not try to connect after the first failure to
do so.  Most of those are compiled with the old Visual Studio 6, be it
VB or VC++.  I have not experienced this with other non-MS Compiler
products, but I have not tested that many.