Can't remove gnome install.

Peter Lewis prlewis at letterboxes.org
Tue Oct 2 07:54:20 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 02 October 2007 00:50:10 Hex Star wrote:
> Use sudo apt-get --purge remove packagename

Thanks for the suggestion, but that didn't work I'm afraid.

From the apt man page, I notice that it says that "purge is identical to
remove except that packages are removed and purged", which I think has to do
with the packages being removed from the disk cache too.

On the other hand, "autoremove is used to remove packages that were
automatically installed to satisfy dependencies for some package and
that are no more needed". That sounds like what I'm after, but it isn't
working.......

Pete.