OS suggestions

Earl Violet ejviolet at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 28 06:21:32 UTC 2007

--- Graham <grahamtodd2 at googlemail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 18:31:10 -0800
> "Chris Miller" <lordsauronthegreat at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Damn
> > Small
> > Linux
> >

> > http://damnsmalllinux.org/
>
> Also, look at AntiX:
>
> http://www.mepis.org/node/13723
>
> and look for it in the "testing" directory at one of the mirrors on
> this page:
>
> http://www.mepis.org/mirrors
>
> In general, depending on your memory resources, you won't get KDE
> run in lower-spec machines.  I believe AntiX uses Fluxbox as its
> Desktop.
>
> --
>
> Graham Todd
I use UBUNTU with FVWM.  You might want to try Ubuntu Server and then
get fvwm-crystal.  It's pretty light and you can find plenty of light
programs from the Ubuntu repos.  It looks good too.  Almost
infinitely programmable if you want to go into it.

Earl

URL http://deserthowler.cjb.net
Instant messenger: earlcoyote
ICQ:64033496