Bizarro copy

Donn donn.ingle at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 16:06:56 UTC 2007

Yikes,
 My machine just choked and I got weird dialogues saying "can't
read .bash-history" skip, cancel (for e.g.).
 After a while I could type again and in konsole I top(ped) and ps(ed) and so
forth. Found a kio_file, amarok and kmail running heavy. I killed them all
and then noticed new folders on my desktop!
 I now have copies of almost my entire root directory on the desktop! Sheesh.
I know I didn't do it cos a) I'm careful, b) I was not doing anything
drag/drop or copy related.

I *had* set kmail to copy a vid sent to me to the desktop -- that's the only
thing I can connect to it.

After a while I saw a copy progress window and brought it up. It was busy
copying gigs from file://dev/dsp#att7
(Killed that sucker!)

Does that dev/dsp ring any bells? I can't find any 'dsp' in /dev.

\d