skype on kubuntu?

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Sat Nov 24 17:57:16 UTC 2007

Knapp wrote:

> On Nov 24, 2007 11:30 AM, Terence Simpson <stdin at stdin.me.uk> wrote:
>

> Really all GPL software is used at your own risk and unsupported unless
> you go to some company and buy support. That said, this list provides
> support as would the automatix list.

It might.  It's still a damned bad idea to go telling people to use
automatix, when the Ubuntu developers and _almost_ everybody on this list
will tell you not to.

> Not giving advice because you feel that it is not as good as some other
> advice servers no one. Giving advice with the pros and cons is much better

Telling someone to install Automatix "because it worked for me" is
essentially "not giving advice".  There are no pros and cons there -
_every_ post I've seen suggesting automatix has conveniently left out the
big con - that it may leave your system in a broken configuration.

Terence, otoh, told the poster why it would be a bad idea.
--
derek