how to move ntfs partition?

Alexander Smirnov alexander.v.smirnov at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 06:47:40 UTC 2007

David McGlone wrote:
> This isn't guaranteed, but here's how I'd go about it. I would take the [free]
> partition and combine it with the [ntsf] partition by basically resizing the
> ntsf partition to take up the free space, then I would finally resize the
> ntsf partion leaving the free space at the end.
>
> 1. [swap] [free] [ntsf]
> 2. [swap] [    ntsf      ]
> 3 [swap] [ntsf] [free]
I would be totally satisfied with second step you've mentioned above :-)
But resize operation in gparted can resize only to the right, not to the
left :(

As far as i understand resize-to-left requires _moving_ all the data to
the left too.

By the way, just after i installed gparted it was unable even resize
ntfs partitions. This changed then i installed ntfsprogs package.