NFS

Paul Lemmons paul at lemmons.name
Mon Nov 19 23:18:14 UTC 2007

-------- Original Message  --------
Subject: NFS
From: Chuck Adams <k7qo at commspeed.net>
To: kubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
Date: 11/19/2007 04:08 PM

> Don't know if this is an issue or an operator error.
>
> Upgraded all my systems to 7.10 kunbuntu.
>
> Have one system that exports my home directory
> across the LAN via NFS.
>
> When I was running all 7.04 systems, everything was
> just fine, peachy-keen, hunky-dorry...  Server shows
> file system to be exported just fine.
>
> Client system, when I do a manual mount via
>
> sudo mount ....
>
> or via a mount using /etc/fstab
>
> NFS times out.
>
> Ping shows that I can reach the server, all the
> NFS daemons are running, etc.
>
> Hints greatly appreciated.
>
> FYI
>
> Chuck

from the host wanting to mount the NFS share, issue the command:

showmount -e host-that-expots

It will show you what is exported and how. See if it returns what you
think it should.

--
Sometimes I wonder.  Were our faith able to stand upright and look
around, would it be looking down at the mustard seed or standing in awe