Trouble installing 7.10

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 16:15:24 UTC 2007

Donn said the following at 11/18/2007 09:20 PM :

> A few things come to my mind:
> 1. Bad CD -- Did you check the md5sum and verify the burned iso after you cut
> it?
> 2. Is your CD drive poked? (that's busted in South Africanese :) )
> 3. Does another CD for some other o/s boot?
> 4. Then I'd visit the BIOS and see what I can see.
>
> So, before you go down the floopy disk road -- and I can't recall the last
> time I used one! -- give those a whirl.

Also, were you using the regular install CD or the alternative one? If you
were using the regular one, I would try the alternative one, because that
one seems to be much better at detecting and handling various pieces of
hardware.

  Doc

PS I have seen something like what you're seeing (although not when using
the downloaded CD) if the new system of addressing devices by ID instead of
name gets somehow mysteriously broken. Was one of the error messages saying
that it couldn't find your hard drive?