change from 7.04 to 7.10 and evolution

adams k7qo at
Sun Nov 18 17:28:52 GMT 2007

This morning the task bar showed that some updates
were available and as a good user I clicked on the
icon and started the updates.  Then I was notified
that a system upgrade was available, so what the
heck, let's do that too.

After completion I rebooted the system.  When I
brought up Evolution again to get my email I got
an error message about the password not being
accepted, so typed it in again, and the error
message repeats.  OK.  I can get my mail OK
and send mail (since you are getting this).

But the consol window is continuously spitting out
the following error message:

(evolution:6987): Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_window_get_origin: assertion
`GDK_IS_WINDOW (window)' failed

and I get screen after screen of this garbage.

If I terminate evolution the noise quits.

uname -a    shows

Linux kubuntu7 2.6.22-14-generic #1 SMP Sun Oct 14 21:45:15 GMT 2007
x86_64 GNU/Linux

I'm going to work on this problem for a while, but asking here
at the start in hopes that some one in the group has an answer.
I may be the only individual in the universe with this problem.

This is a Compaq Presario SR1550NX with AMD  64 with 2GB of ram,
nvidia graphics 120GB hard drive.

I have another HP Slimline with 2GB of ram that I will take the
7.10 kubuntu distro disc and install and see what happens to
see if the problem replicates itself for evolution.

Chuck Adams