Disk Utility For Kubuntu?

Graham grahamtodd2 at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 18 13:56:48 UTC 2007

On Sun, 18 Nov 2007 14:45:02 +0200
Donn <donn.ingle at gmail.com> wrote:

> What does it do?

Disk Utility is the application which comes with Mac OSX ("Tiger") - I
don't know about other flavours of OSX- that can verify your disks
(hard drives, external drives, usb sticks, etc), repair your disks,
check the permissions of the drive, erase the drive, copy one drive or
partition to another, partition it (in a range of formats), etc.

I'm aware some of these actions  can be undertaken in a rage of
applications in Linux (gparted is one) but the gui makes it easy and is
less fussy than other Linux apps I've seen.

Moreover, disks which don't show up when I've added them as mass
storage devices, have shown up when I've connected to them to my ageing
PowerMac G4, and the design of the interface is IMHO much better than
that of gparted.

Is it possible that there is a gui application for Kubuntu that gives
the same type of functionality with an improved (IMO) gui?

--

Graham Todd